We work with institutional researchers and inventors who have discoveries or novel ideas that they wish to commercialize. From principal investigators to students, postdocs, staff or alumni, we can help you advance your discovery to market.
What’s in it for you? We assume the costs and risks; you and your institution(s) share in the financial returns.
Copyright questions? Click here.
Not affiliated with an institution? Click here.
Got an idea but don’t know where to start? Click here.
Want to learn more about innovation and entrepreneurship? Click here
Want to disclose an invention? Click here
When should you start talking to us?
The short answer is “early and often,” or when you are at a ‘eureka’ point, such as:
- testing an idea or completing a research project
- preparing to present or publish your work
- applying for funds for research or its applications
- completing a research contract
- applying for commercialization funding (e.g., NSERC i2i, CIHR Proof of Principle)
- seeking grants that include a commercialization commitment.
A member of our commercialization team will meet with you, in confidence, to learn about your technology and to brief you on our overall process.